1) SLS Halloween Party – Saturday, October 27, 9PM-1AM
It’s time for the annual SLS Halloween Party, held in the law school on Saturday evening! Doors open at 9 PM on Saturday, October 27th and the party will continue till 1 AM. Tickets are $10/person. Law students may bring one non-law guest, who must be 19 or older, bring photo ID, have an advance ticket and come with their law student host.
Advance tickets will be sold at Bora’s Head on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at lunchtime, from 12:30 to 2:00pm. Advanced tickets are optional for law students themselves, but are MANDATORY for guests. To repeat: ADVANCE TICKETS ARE REQUIRED FOR NON-LAW GUESTS.
One additional advantage of advance tickets — and they are highly recommended — is that they allow you to bypass the cash line at the door. (It’s cold outside!).
In past years, costumes have included Dean Moran (with muffin tray), Mayor Rob Ford, and “a salt and battery,” so be creative with your costumes and be ready for a great time!
Here are a few notes on the party that you should keep in mind:
1. No drinks are allowed downstairs. Anyone who is caught with their own liquor downstairs will be kicked out. (And yes, there will be patrols.)
2. Anyone who is visibly intoxicated will not be allowed in, even if they do have a ticket. This is for reasons of licensing and liability. (Besides, the bar is well-staffed and drinks are only $4.50).
3. Bora will be well protected. Rumour has it that in past years, other schools’ students have sought to steal him. This will not happen on our watch.
4. When creating your costumes, please, if it is at all possible, do not use materials that will be difficult to clean up when they are ground into the dance floor by your and your classmates’ feet. The SLS will be on clean-up duty, and we would like to make it out before 3 AM!
5. Please send any questions or comments you may have about the party — logistics questions, complaints, compliments — to Ben Sharma firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Law Games 2013 Registration Opens Monday, October 22 at 9 am – Closes Thursday, October 25 at 5pm
Registration to be part of the U of T Law Games Team opens today (first come, first served). Please find attached the registration form and most recently updated information package.
The Law Games are an annual competition between delegations sent from law schools across Canada. There are many academic, athletic, and social events that provide a unique opportunity to network and socialize with numerous peers and future colleagues outside of the formal confines of the law environment. The competition helps build school spirit and success at the games is a point of pride for participants. This year, Law Games will be held in Windsor, Ontario from January 3-7, 2013.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please email the team co-ordinators (Nick Charleton, Justin McLarty and Sierra Yates Robart) at email@example.com
3) Suggestion Box/Quick Wins Box Open for Business!
The SLS has a suggestion box and “Quick Wins” box located by the mail folders on the bottom floor of Flavelle. “Quick Wins” are little jobs and tasks that the SLS can complete around the law school to make your lives better. For instance, last week the “Quick Wins” team put dish soap in the SLS kitchen so you can keep your dishes sparkling clean! Please drop us your suggestions and ideas for things we can do for you in the box and we’ll do our best to get them done! Completed jobs are posted in our display case at the bottom of the stairs to the lower rotunda, so you can keep an eye on our progress.