1) Reminder Regarding SLS Election: We want to remind students interested in becoming a SLS representative that the deadline for submitting your 150 word candidate statement is 9:00pm, September 11. Please visit http://www.studentslawsociety.ca/public/uploads/163_2012-2013_SLS_Elections.pdf for more details.
2) Club Funding Application Available: The Club Funding Application Form is now available on-line at http://www.studentslawsociety.ca/. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Please submit the completed application to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, September 20 at 5:00pm.
3) Solicitation of Comments Regarding the New Building Project: The law school is planning to make substantial additions to its current infrastructure, with construction of the new building commencing in the fall of 2013. The construction is scheduled to take 2 years to complete. During that time, students will be moved to a temporary space. For more information on the New Building Project, please visit http://www.law.utoronto.ca/student-life/new-building-project-information-students.
The SLS would like to hear your concerns and comments about what is important to you to have (or not have) in the temporary space and in the new building. This may include the importance of having access to study space, or having a coffee stand in the immediate vicinity. We will be bringing these comments and concerns to the faculty to be addressed. Please send your comments and concerns regarding the temporary space and the new building to SLS at email@example.com, with the subject line “Building Consultation”.
4) Search for SLS Media and Communication Coordinator: The SLS is searching for a dedicated Media and Communication Coordinator. The Media and Communication Coordinator will be solely responsible for the management of its social media presence, including but not limited to, its Facebook activities, Twitter activities and event photography. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5) Precedent Magazine Launch Event: Precedent Magazine is celebrating the launch of its new national student issue and has cordially invited us to the launch party on Thursday, September 13, from 8 -10 pm, at the Madison Avenue Pub & Restaurant. To R.S.V.P. to the event on Facebook, go to http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/192058077594734/ or send Precedent Magazine an email at email@example.com.
6) Call to the Bar: Join us on Thursday September 13th at the Annex Wreck Room. The Wreck Room is located at Bathurst and Bloor. Doors will open at 10:00 pm and be sure to bring valid photo identification. We hope to see you all there!