1) SLS Election: This is a reminder to 1L and 3Ls that the voting booths will be open on Tuesday, September 18 from 12:30 – 2:30pm at Bora’s Head for the LAST day of voting. There are lots of great candidates for the 1L Student Affairs and Governance (StAG) representative positions, and for the 3L StAG representative positions and Social Affairs positions. Come support your peers and vote!
2) Club Funding Application: This is a reminder that the Club Funding Application Form is due this Thursday, September 20 at 5:00pm. You can find the form at www.studentslawsociety.ca. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions and submit the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
3) FREE Student Tickets to CLAIHR’s Presentation of “International Crises: Should Canada Intervene to Protect Human Rights?” and a Sneak Peak of Senator Dallaire’s New Documentary “Fight Like Soldiers, Die Like Children”: A power panel discussion will feature Senator Romeo Dallaire, Senator Art Eggleton, Martha Hall Findlay and Jon Kay (National Post) as moderator at the University of Toronto (George Ignatieff Theatre) on September 27, 2012 from 6:30 – 8:30pm. This event will conclude CLAIHR’s year-long symposium commemorating the 10th anniversary of Responsibility to Protect (R2P). FREE Student Tickets are available with advance registration (limited quantity). To reserve, please send your name, email address, school and student number to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please visit www.claihr.ca. CLAIHR is proud to present this event in conjunction with the University of Toronto Student Chapter.
4) 2L Fall Recruitment Job Directory: As a reminder, for students going through 2L Fall Recruitment, there is a SLS/CDO directory available on the CDO UTLaw website that provides students with contact information for past summer students at employers interviewing during the OCI process. If you have not yet contacted students on this list, keep in mind that it may be useful to you during the next stages of the process.
5) Call to the Bar: Join us at our post-OCI pub night on Friday September 21 9:00pm at the Bedford Academy. Bedford Academy is located at 36 Prince Arthur Avenue, just a short jaunt from the law school. For all the gifted wizards who won gift-certificates at the tri-wizard tournament, this is your chance to use them!