1) Sessional Add/Drop Deadline TUESDAY: This is a reminder that the deadline for adding or dropping courses for this semester is Tuesday, September 24 10:00am.
2) CDO/SLS Post-OCIs Coffee House/Debrief THURSDAY: We cordially invited everyone to the Rowell Room on Thursday, September 27 from 4:00 to 6:00pm, for some coffee and sugary snacks. It is an opportunity for students to vent and decompress after the OCIs and to chat their experiences (or just to drink some coffee and relax!).
3) Call to the Bar: The SLS invites you to our very first Dance Cave pub night of the year!! On Thursday September 27 at 10:00pm, “Transvision – Alt Indie, Electro and Retro with DJ Shannon” will be rocking at Dance Cave. There will be no cover with your student ID. The Dance Cave is located at the top of Lee’s Palace on Bloor St.
4) Graduation Photos October 3 – 5: To all the 3L peeps, grad photos will be taken in the SLS Office on Oct 3rd and 4th (the 5th will be added if necessary). You must have your photo taken to appear in the Graduating Class Composite (this is serious business). Included in your photo session are a minimum of 10 unique online proofs and a copy of the class composite. Optional hard copy proofs may be purchased for an additional $5.00. You must sign up online to book your appointment. To sign up, visit http://www.lassmanstudios.com/dcs_sched/default.asp, enter tlw13 in the school ID to access the schedules, click on October and find a time that is convenient for you and book it. Ladies, please wear a white shirt or blouse. Gents, please wear a tie and a white shirt. For those who are on exchange, there will be a second round of photos in January to February.
5) FREE Student Tickets to CLAIHR’s Presentation of “International Crises: Should Canada Intervene to Protect Human Rights?” and a Sneak Peak of Senator Dallaire’s New Documentary “Fight Like Soldiers, Die Like Children”: A power panel discussion will feature Senator Romeo Dallaire, Senator Art Eggleton, Martha Hall Findlay and Jon Kay (National Post) as moderator at the University of Toronto (George Ignatieff Theatre) on September 27, 2012 from 6:30 – 8:30pm. This event will conclude CLAIHR’s year-long symposium commemorating the 10th anniversary of Responsibility to Protect (R2P). FREE Student Tickets are available with advance registration (limited quantity). To reserve, please send your name, email address, school and student number to email@example.com. For more information, please visit www.claihr.ca. CLAIHR is proud to present this event in conjunction with the University of Toronto Student Chapter.