Click here to view the Weekly in its original format.
1) SLS Halloween Party – Thursday, October 29, 9:30PM-1AM
It’s time for the annual SLS Halloween Party, held at Victoria College on Thursday evening (instead of pub night)! Doors open at 9:30 PM on Thursday, October 29th and the party will continue until 1 AM. Tickets are $7 for students. TICKET PRICES INCREASE TO $10 AT THE DOOR FOR STUDENTS. Bring cash, Student ID and government issued photo ID!
Law students may bring one non-law guest, who must be 19 or older, bring photo ID, have an advance ticket and come with their law student host. Tickets for guests are $15.
Advance ticket sales are open now. Follow this link to buy your tickets – http://try.tilt.com/uoftlawhalloween. There is a separate link to click if you are buying a student ticket or a ticket for your guest. Advanced tickets are optional for law students themselves, but are MANDATORY for guests. To repeat: ADVANCE TICKETS ARE REQUIRED FOR NON-LAW GUESTS.
The advantage of advance tickets — and they are highly recommended — is that they allow you to bypass the cash line at the door and are cheaper!
In past years, costumes have included Mayor Rob Ford, and “a salt and battery,” so be creative with your costumes and be ready for a great time! There will be a photographer at the party to capture all of your amazing costumes!
Halloween Costume Contest:
There will be a winner from each of the three following categories:
(1) Scariest Costume
(2) Best Law Pun
(3) Most Creative
WINNERS will get their ticket price refunded (plus bragging rights)!
**Here are a few notes on the party that you should keep in mind:
(1) All guests must be 19+ and require government issued photo ID at the door (also bring Student ID and cash!)
(2) Costumes should not be offensive or discriminatory (if you have questions feel free to post them on the event)
(3) You must be identifiable when checked by security at the door (take off your mask, or if you are wearing makeup)
(4) There will be security to make sure everyone has a fun and safe evening, so while there is a cash bar for your beverage needs, we ask that party-goers enjoy responsibly
2) Call to the Bar!
Pub night this week will be at Fox and the Fiddle (280 Bloor St. W.) on Thursday October 15th at 10pm. Come join us for drinks, conversation, and karaoke!