Click here to view the Weekly in its original format.
1) Faculty Council Meeting re: Financial Aid and Accessibility
The second Faculty Council meeting of the year will be held on Wednesday, October 21 at 12:30pm in FA2 (Solarium). This meeting is of special interest to students and the SLS encourages all students to attend. The annual tuition and financial accessibility discussion will take place, where the Dean hears feedback from faculty and students in advance of his recommendation on tuition rates to the central U of T administration. The Faculty Council is the governing body of the law school. All students are welcome to attend.
2) SLS Halloween Party – October 29th
It’s time for the annual SLS Halloween Party, held at Victoria College on Thursday evening (instead of pub night)! Doors open at 9:30 PM on Thursday, October 29th and the party will continue until 1 AM. Tickets are $7 for students. TICKET PRICES INCREASE TO $10 AT THE DOOR FOR STUDENTS. Bring cash, Student ID and government issued photo ID!
Law students may bring one non-law guest, who must be 19 or older, bring photo ID, have an advance ticket and come with their law student host. Tickets for guests are $15.
Advance ticket sales are open now. Follow this link to buy your tickets. There is a separate link to click if you are buying a student ticket or a ticket for your guest. Advanced tickets are optional for law students themselves, but are MANDATORY for guests. To repeat: ADVANCE TICKETS ARE REQUIRED FOR NON-LAW GUESTS.
The advantage of advance tickets — and they are highly recommended — is that they allow you to bypass the cash line at the door and are cheaper!
In past years, costumes have included Mayor Rob Ford, and “a salt and battery,” so be creative with your costumes and be ready for a great time! There will be a photographer at the party to capture all of your amazing costumes!
Halloween Costume Contest:
There will be a winner from each of the three following categories:
(1) Scariest Costume
(2) Best Law Pun
(3) Most Creative
WINNERS will get their ticket price refunded (plus bragging rights)!
**Please keep in mind:
(1) All guests must be 19+ and require government issued photo ID at the door (also bring Student ID and cash!)
(2) Costumes should not be offensive or discriminatory (if you have questions feel free to post them on the event)
(3) You must be identifiable when checked by security at the door (take off your mask, or if you are wearing makeup)
(4) There will be security to make sure everyone has a fun and safe evening, so while there is a cash bar for your beverage needs, we ask that party-goers enjoy responsibly
3) SLS Coffee House
Join us for coffee, tea, and snacks on Monday, October 26th from 5-7 p.m. in the Victoria College Chapel. Professor Niblett and Professor Phillips will MC as your classmates showcase their many talents!
4) Call to the Bar! **Moved to FRIDAY
Due to Call Day for 2Ls, we have moved Pub Night toFriday, October 23rd at 10pm. The location is still to be determined, but we will put up a sign in Birge on the bulletin with the location and post it on Facebook!!